Here Come the Girl Scouts! The Amazing, All-True Story of Juliette “Daisy” Gordon Low and Her Great Adventure
Illustrated by Hadley Hooper
Happy 100th birthday, Girl Scouts! Juliette Gordon Low—Daisy to her friends and family—was not like most girls of the Victorian era. Prim and proper? BOSH! Dainty and delicate? HOW BORING! She loved the outdoors, and she yearned for adventure! Born into a family of pathfinders and pioneers, she too wanted to make a difference in the world. Combining her ancestors’ passion for service with her own adventurous spirit and her belief that girls could do anything, she founded the Girl Scouts—an organization that was both GREEN and GIRL POWER, decades before either term was introduced! One hundred years later, the Girl Scouts continue to have adventures, do good deeds, and make a difference.
Click here for a downloadable Educators Guide. For additional resources and information on Here Come the Girl Scouts (including appearances) check out the Extras page!
• A New York Times Editors’ Choice
• A 2013 Notable Social Studies Trade Book
• A CCBC (Cooperative Children’s Book Center)
Choice 2013 Selection
• A National Parenting Publication Award Silver
• A Bank Street College of Education’s BestChildren’s Book of the Year
• A Junior Library Guild Selection
• An ALA Amelia Bloomer Selection
What people are saying: